What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unsupported advice 'HELP

Spys13089

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,any body know how to solve my problem,I've plugged into my iPad a card reader so can connect my cameras through the USB port in it and the iPad says unsupported device.its not an apple one as not paying there inflated prices,does anyone know how to get it to accept it,am thinking it's something to do in settings'hope u can help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason you're getting that message is because you're using an unlicenced accessory made and sold without permission by Apple. There's no guarantee you'll ever be able to get that card reader to work as it does not have the Apple authentication chip in the Lightning connector.
Having the unsupported device message show up is the chance you have to take when buying cheap unlicenced accessories. There are licenced accessories by third party manufacturers that are cheaper than official Apple accessories but not as cheap as the unlicenced accessories.

Apple started using the authentication chip in accessories as a way of slowing down the flood of counterfeit Apple accessories on the market.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts