1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Unique iPads (no pics)

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Seadog, May 4, 2010.

1. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I have been seeing some interesting ways that people have been using their iPads. One person mounted the iPad in an old Mac Classic. Another owner mounted his in a cabinet door of his kitchen. Both defeat the purpose of a portable device, but make for unique uses.
  2. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    If it had a remote control I'd bolt it to the wall and use it as a tiny TV. Joking, of course. Setting it in a fixed location would have to serve some pressing need for me to give up the mobile finction. Then I'd have to buy another.
  3. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife already ask me to do for her ( and maybe sell it) a support for when she is the kitchen
  4. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    That bracket shown for car mounting the iPad would work in a kitchen. You could use something like that to make a cabinet mount. A person good with wood could also make a picture frame effect with or without a removable top piece. Done right, it would hold the iPad to the wall/door for various functions. When the iPad is not in the holder, the mount could act as a picture frame.