What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to sync apps on my new ipad

ipad_indian_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fiends,

I have purchased the new iPad and having issues with syncing apps on it. When I purchased the store keeper had put a few apps on the iPad using his Id. Now I have downloaded few apps in my iTunes library and want to sync the with the iPad. The syncing process kicks off and while in the 3rd step of "determining the apps to sync", the process gets aborted without any error. Now all I want is to overwrite all the apps on my iPad from my computer. Please help me out.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best bet is to restore. That will get rid of everything that was put on at the store, which is useless to you in any case and should not have been done.

Then you can set up the iPad as a new one and sync your own apps to it.

Settings/General/Reset/Erase all content and settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
I

ipad_indian_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Kevin. As this is my first iOS device, basically i did a lot of mistakes like authorizing his Apple Id on the iTnues, updating the apps installed by the Store using his Apple Id(Yes! He gave his Apple Id and Password). Now I want to clean up all the mess even if it turns out that i have to pay for few apps that are no longer free. How would i go about disassociating his Apple Id with my iTnues and iPad and just have my Apple Id associated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll get back to you on this at the weekend as I'm nowhere near my computer and I don't want to work from memory.

You may, of course, get more answers in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts