What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to save email attachments to ibooks.

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning,

I wonder if you could help me with the above? Prior to the system update, I could save any email attachments to iBooks, which enabled me to access them quickly. Since the update, however, the only options I am given are ithoughts (mindmap app), return to email or to print the attachment. I wondered if there was a way to instruct it to copy the attachment to iBooks or adobe reader? Thank you.

I

All for one and one for all!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Several people have had similar problems. A restart and or reset have fixed it for most.

----------------------
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
B

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Several people have had similar problems. A restart and or reset have fixed it for most.

----------------------
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will give the restart a go. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my query.

Kind regards

B

OP
B

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I have tried both the Restart and the Reset without any joy. I wondered if there was anything else I might be able to try.

Thank you again for your help.

King regards

B

OP
B

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Try deleting iBooks and then reinstalling it from the App Store. Sometimes, that helps ...

Marilyn

Hi Mickey330

Thank you for your quick reply. Can I ask,

Would I lose the information currently in iBooks, if I were to delete it?

How would I go about backing up the app to ensure this doesn't happen?

Thank you again.

Best wishes

B

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try making a backup in iTunes or iCloud. And, if you bought the books from the App Store, you can re-download them at no additional charge, so you can put them back after you've re-loaded the app.

I believe you can also connect your iPad to iTunes, right click and select "transfer purchases," which should put the books in iTunes for later re-install on the iPad. You can also download them from the store to iTunes (again, at no additional cost if you've bought them).

I'm making assumptions here that books work the same as apps. I generally use the Kindle app, not the iBooks app, so I'm not exactly sure. But, one of the above should work...?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A backup will not save iBooks content. At least it hasn't before.

You can reload iBooks purchases from the store. PDF files can be emailed to yourself. Epubs other than iBook Store, well, I hope you were wise enough to keep backups. Or if you purchased them through a third party ebook seller, they often offer free re-downloads of your previous purchases.

In Mail, if you have 9 options when trying to save the attachment, try swiping for a new page, just like the home screen. Maybe your iBooks option is hiding on the next page. Just like the home screen, if you have more than one page of options, there will be some faint dots centered near the bottom of the menu. That lets you know how many pages of options you have.

Most reactions

Latest posts