What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to return to home after deleting an apps fro aplications list

yinkus2019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ all please anytime I delete an application it doesn't return me to home when I press home button unless I reset my settings. Please what could be responsible for this. I have mailed apple support but no reply yet.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To delete an app on your iPad, you have to put the icons in "wiggle" mode. Then, after deleting an app, a single press of the Home button stops the wiggle mode. Then, after the wiggle mode is stopped, another press of the Home button should take you to your home page.

The above is how it should work. If this is not happening, have you tried a restart or a reset of the iPad? To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Maybe that'll help?

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yinkus2019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. That means I have been making mistakes. I use to go to settings then usage, then I pressed show all applications under which I deleted any item I want to delete but after deletion from this part of my tablet it refuses to go back to home mode until I reset to factory settings. Thank you very much for the response.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. That means I have been making mistakes. I use to go to settings then usage, then I pressed show all applications under which I deleted any item I want to delete but after deletion from this part of my tablet it refuses to go back to home mode until I reset to factory settings. Thank you very much for the response.

The way you did it is another option to delete apps. After deleting, you should get back to Usage:

image-2779940625.jpg

image-3599329986.jpg

image-1960881912.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Y

yinkus2019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please speaking rate under voice settings what does it mean? Could it b th reason why they can't hear me when am making VoIP calls from my iPad. Thanks a lot.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is to tell the iPad how fast you want the voice to speak (when you have it toggled to read aloud). It has noti]hing to do with your speaking over VoIP.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts