What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netgear WN2000RPT wifi extender link to iPad1

attilladehun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to extend the range of my home wifi network so that I can use my iPad some distance from my router. I accidentally disrupted the netgear_ext setup sequence and I now need to do a factory reset on the wn2000rpt.
Unfortunately pressing thee reset with a paper clip even for an extended period, has no effect an I'm still unable to see NETGEAR_EXT on theipad list of networks. The amber LED doesn't flash at all after even a long press, more than the quoted 7 seconds.
Can anyone offer me some advice, please?

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no experience with Netgear products but how long have you had the device? It may have suffered a hardware failure and you may be able to replace it under warranty. One thing to try though is a complete reinstall of the router software. Remove all vestiges of Netgear software from your computer then do the reinstall following the setup instructions exactly. It may fix the issue. A call to Netgear may not hurt either.

OP
A

attilladehun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmbarker58 said:
I have no experience with Netgear products but how long have you had the device? It may have suffered a hardware failure and you may be able to replace it under warranty. One thing to try though is a complete reinstall of the router software. Remove all vestiges of Netgear software from your computer then do the reinstall following the setup instructions exactly. It may fix the issue. A call to Netgear may not hurt either.

Only had it for a couple of days. The store rep demonstrated a set up using an iPhone, no probs. He also had to do a reset which worked OK. Next step for is a call to Netgear. Thanks for your comment!

Most reactions

Latest posts