What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to restore: Unknown error 9 060E.0000

Isabella B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to fix my mother's iPad pro which spontaneously has stopped working (no physical accident or known damage). The iPad won't turn on at all, including a hard reset. When plugged into a MacBook Pro, the MacBook pro recognises it is in recovery mode and only gives the option to restore it and erase everything. When this option is selected, the apple logo appears, a blank progress bar appears, and then it fails and an error message on the MacBook is shown saying Unknown Error 9 060E.0000. I have tried this process both in DFU and Recovery mode to no avail.

I have tried multiple different cables, software on the MacBook pro is up to date, and i'm now at a loss as to what else can be done apart from send it in for repair which is out of my £ at the moment.

Has anyone experienced this or a similar issue and has any suggestions as to what I can do?

Any suggestions most welcomed :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If even DFU mode fails then your iPad almost certainly has a hardware failure. If possible have a full diagnostic run at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts