1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Unable to Print With iPad Apple Unable to Find Solution

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by Count Baltar, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Count Baltar

Count Baltar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought an iPad2 last September. Set up Brother HL-2270DW wireless printer. Have network with desktop XP and laptop Win 7. Netgear wireless. Everything worked just fine. I could see printer from iPad and print. Went on extended business trip to multiple states in November. Logged in to several other networks, could see printers and print. When I returned home I could not see a printer, Select Printer, No AirPrint Printers Found. Still the same after all these months.

I have a medical professional friend. Her office is all Mac. Mac desktop, laptop, iPad and AirPort wireless. She can log in with iPad see printer and print. When I log into her wireless my iPad does NOT see a printer. Here's the best part. She can come to my home, log in to my WiFi, see printer and print.

I have been round and round with Apple. They had me change OS from 4.X to 5.1, done that. They told me I need latest driver from Brother, done that. They told me I need AirPrint, they can't get it through their heads that I still can't see printers on all Mac system, which I have easy access to. They had me check WiFi settings, done that. Apple replaced my iPad several months ago. I synced to restore my apps, contacts, notes, etc. No change. I can't see a printer on my wireless or an all Mac wireless. Can't see printer at FedEx Kinkos or anywhere else I have gone. I have tried easily 20 networks.

I have Print n Share Pro. If I import a document or web page I can print but only from within the Print n Share app. BTW, Print n Share sees EVERY printer (4) on my network.

It shouldn't be this difficult. Any suggestions? Thank you.
  2. Count Baltar

Count Baltar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've checked the settings on my iPad with settings on friends iPad. They were identical.

I also reinstalled WePrint for Print n Share, although that would have no effect on an all Mac system where my iPad can't see a printer.
  3. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    If you set up your replacement iPad from the backup of the old one, you have copied whichever setting is causing this problem. Can you let us know whether you set up as a new iPad, or from the backup?
  4. Count Baltar

Count Baltar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Set up as new iPad. Then synced apps, contacts and notes only.
  5. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    Thanks. At least that gets that potential problem out of the way.