What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to open screen

Lucie Sitorus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have not been using my IPad 2 for weeks and now I forget my passcode. How do I enable my IPad.

Thanks
Lucie

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're restoring through iTunes on your computer, any apps or iTunes content you previously purchased can be synced to your iPad at no additional charge. Contacts and message history can be synced through iCloud.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have not been using my IPad 2 for weeks and now I forget my passcode. How do I enable my IPad......

Hi Lucie - welcome to the forum! :) You've already received great advice from Johanna & SciFan.. - please look at the directions carefully - there are three options to solve your passcode issue, the first two in the image below (from the link) are your best choices, i.e. if you have backed up your iPad to a computer using iTunes and/or to iCloud - have you used either or both?

If not, then you need to use the third choice - a 'recovery mode' will leave you w/ a 'like new' iPad to setup - all of your information will have been lost and your apps (paid or free) will need to be downloaded again - now, that is my understanding but have never had to go through this process before - our astute mods may need to correct me, as needed.

Now if you are still uncertain by these options, then a visit to a local Apple store (or authorized Apple dealer) may be better, of course if available to you. Good luck and ask more questions if still not certain. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 6.19.47 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts