1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Unable to join public wifi since iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Pdegnan, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Pdegnan

Pdegnan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPad 3 I have been unable to join new networks. I travel a lot so it's frustrating to burn
    Thru my data plan. I have re-booted, re-loaded iOS 6, reset my network settings and turned "ask to join networks" on and off to no avail. When I get asked to pick a network to join, either in wifi settings or in the pop-up window, after I choose one the splash page will appear, remain blank for 10-15 seconds and I then get another pop up that says the server stopped responding. This happens in hotels where I know the wifi is working (my laptop can log in fine) as well as other public spots. Anyone else had this problem? My local Apple store doesn't have a clue to solve it.

Phil