What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 2 WiFi Won't Connect Suddenly

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night the power went off for only a second but was enough for the router and WiFi hotspot to reboot. All other devices in the house reconnected fine (2 x iPhones, WiFi Printer, iPad Air, Windows Tablet, etc) but my wife's Mini 2 (iOS 9.3.2) refuses to re-connect. So far I've tried:

Forget Network, re-join, enter credentials, etc.
Restart
Reset
Wifi Off/On
Reset Network Settings
Ask to Join Networks On then Off
Turning off Wi-Fi Networking in Privacy->Location Services
(basically every suggestion I can find on Google) but nothing works.

When you connect to my WiFi it simply shows the progress wheel spinning next to the SSID Name and goes no further...

The iPad will connect to an iPhone with Hotspot turned on fine.

What else can I try? If I reset it through iTunes she will lose all her game progress, calendar, etc. Very frustrating!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - you've really tried many of the suggestions given in such situations; but, if you have not yet 'power cycle' your modem & router (don't know you ISP setup nor what devices you are using for that purpose), then disable the power on both, wait about a minute, plug in the modem first and wait, finally plug in the router. Good luck - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What works best (most often) isn't any one thing, but the combination/proceedure of them all.

• Forget the network on the iPad.
  • Reset or restart the iPad.
  • While that is going on, restart your modem/router. Leaving it off for a while before plugging it back in. There are still reasons why this might help, so you might as well do it.
  • When the router us back up, re-join the network on the iPad.
Doing this insures that neither the iPad nor the router/modem are keeping any cached data about their connection.

It's not a bad idea to check with your router's manufacturer to see if there are any firmware updates available. These often improve the reliablity of your network.

Good luck.

OP
M

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What works best (most often) isn't any one thing, but the combination/proceedure of them all.

• Forget the network on the iPad.
  • Reset or restart the iPad.
  • While that is going on, restart your modem/router. Leaving it off for a while before plugging it back in. There are still reasons why this might help, so you might as well do it.
  • When the router us back up, re-join the network on the iPad.
Doing this insures that neither the iPad nor the router/modem are keeping any cached data about their connection.

It's not a bad idea to check with your router's manufacturer to see if there are any firmware updates available. These often improve the reliablity of your network.

Good luck.

You sir, are a genius! That worked a treat where all else failed. And saved me a factory reset and all the associated pain :) Thanks again. What I did do was leave the iPad off so it didn't reboot before the router working on the cached connection data theory.

Most reactions

Latest posts