What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to install iOS on my iPad 4 (WiFi+Cellular)

ashish94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys i am using my iPad (not jailbroken) from the past 1.5 years, until today, it suddenly started restarting on its own. I tried to re-install the iOS but it shows a -1 error on iTunes. I tried all the possible solutions to overcome that error but it din't work. Finally, i went to the Apple service center and they told me it's an hardware issue and your device needs to be replaced. Is there any other way that i can try to install the iOS like any third party applications other than iTunes? P.S: There's no physical damage to the iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to update over the air. Since you had problems with updating via iTunes, that won't work either. No third party app or software is able to download and install the latest iOS version on your iPad.

An internal hardware failure could be the reason for your issue. Not visible from outside, but preventing an update.

Most reactions

Latest posts