What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to download update to iPad 2

Reaction score
Hi there - I'm a new owner of iPad 2 and love it ...but I am having difficulty downloading the latest update. It gets so far and then says my Internet has timed out, but doesn't seem to be a problem with my Internet. I am not very technically inclined so need help in simple terms please. Anyone else experience this?

Bruce S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that you are trying to install the update from the internet directly onto your iPad? Recommend you use iTunes on a computer connected to the internet.
- 1st sync your iPad to the computer and use iTunes to backup your iPad
- use iTunes on your computer to down load the update
- then use iTunes to sync to your iPad and install the update.
Remember: the last bookmark is Safari is the guide to use your iPad.
Hope this helps
Bruce

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
If you are connected to iTunes and are still experiencing difficulties you may want to turn off your security software or firewall on the PC and re-download the update. This has worked for a number of people with the same problem.

Last edited:
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I was trying to update through iTunes and I had disabled my security and firewall on my laptop, but still wouldn't work. So...I tried doing the same thing on my PC and it worked. No idea why it won't work on my laptop, but I did get my iPad updated. Yeah!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts