What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Files IPAD 2 ( problems )

penman77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having difficulty downloading files. I am prompted with the options to Open In : Dropbox , Evernote , Google Drive , etc... Once I do so the file is saved to the application of my choice but when I try to open them it says Cannot Read File. It is very frustrating. It seems to me that it should be easy considering , but no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This applies to all files. Whether its in a Zip folder or not.

Thank you , Gary

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
penman77 said:
I am having difficulty downloading files. I am prompted with the options to Open In : Dropbox , Evernote , Google Drive , etc... Once I do so the file is saved to the application of my choice but when I try to open them it says Cannot Read File. It is very frustrating. It seems to me that it should be easy considering , but no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This applies to all files. Whether its in a Zip folder or not.

Thank you , Gary

I have noticed this myself.....but just because you get a list of apps to Open In, this doesn't mean the app can then read the file. Try to discern what type of file it is and then look to see if any of your apps can actually read these types of files. Look at the apps in the App Store where it will list what file types they can read. I find Goodreader a great app for reading most file types.

OP
P

penman77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I have noticed this myself.....but just because you get a list of apps to Open In, this doesn't mean the app can then read the file. Try to discern what type of file it is and then look to see if any of your apps can actually read these types of files. Look at the apps in the App Store where it will list what file types they can read. I find Goodreader a great app for reading most file types.

Thank you. I will try that.

Most reactions

Latest posts