What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to access internet via 3G

fvl115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3G enabled IPAD2; have taken a connection from Reliance Communication (Delhi).

For the past 4-5 days, I have been unable to connect to the Internet using 3G (am able to connect via Wi-Fi). Getting messages :Could not activate data network" and "Safari could not open the page because it is not connected to the Internet".

The signal is coming in full strength and 5 bars are showing along with the "Reliance" logo on top-left corner.

Have been trying through Reliance comm's helpdesk, but they are clueless.

Has anyone faced a similar problem and can suggest a solution?

Thanks

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you actually seeing 3G next to Reliance?

Only when you see either 3G, EDGE or o (GPRS) next to your carrier name will you be connected to the network.

I am sure someone else with more knowledge will come along and help you :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
F

fvl115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In fact, no. It wasn't showing 3G, EDGE or o.

But this triggered my mind; I switched the IPAD2 off (using the sleep/wake switch) and on again. Sure enough, 3G was showing in front of Reliance and it stared working.

Thanks a lot Harters, for triggering my brain.

For all IPAD2 users - the golden rule is "If everything fails, turn it off and on again. There's a good chance it will start working again".

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fvl115 said:
In fact, no. It wasn't showing 3G, EDGE or o.

But this triggered my mind; I switched the IPAD2 off (using the sleep/wake switch) and on again. Sure enough, 3G was showing in front of Reliance and it stared working.

Thanks a lot Harters, for triggering my brain.

For all IPAD2 users - the golden rule is "If everything fails, turn it off and on again. There's a good chance it will start working again".

Glad you are sorted :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts