What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I connect to the internet via my non 3g mobile phone?

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been looking at all the posts regarding connecting to the internet. I'm not interested in technology for it's own sake so have no idea what half of the equipment mentioned is for. So I'd appreciate a simple answer as to how I can connect my non 3G Ipad to the internet through my non 3G mobile (cell) phone.
Many thanks,
Peter

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I could think of to accomplish this would be if you could set up your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of phone do you have exactly?
There are only a few types of phone that can do this with the iPad.

An iPhone, with some customizing; a windows mobile phone, with a specific application; an android type phone, with a modification and app; a palm pre.

General cell phones and blackberry phones can not do this.

Last edited:
OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
My phone is a basic Nokia 6125. It can receive Email and connect to the internet but the small screen makes it fairly useless.
It was just an idea that I may have been able to cobble it together with the Ipad. I didn't want to pay for a 3G contract so went for non 3G Pad but it's not a problem.
Now thinking about upgrading the phone, so it would seem sensible to get one that could do the job - any recommendations of a phone that would do it without spending hours configuring things? (oh, and also wouldn't cost a fortune!!!)
Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts