What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two keyboards, one iPad

presserkun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have little hope for success in my quest, but here goes.

I have an iPad2, a Zagg bluetooth keyboard, and an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

Why do I want two keyboards paired?

I have vision problems plus I want Zagg special function keys (like the Home button and lock keys) not available on the Apple keyboard.

Vision: I cannot easily reach the Zagg keyboard if the iPad is far enough away for me to focus on the screen.

#

The technical problem:

I can easily pair both, but with both paired, the Apple keyboard behaves oddly.

Examples:

On the Apple keyboard:

Press Option-Arrow (any of the four) and the cursor jumps twice -- i.e., two words instead of one, two lines instead of one, etc.

Press an Arrow key alone, and the cursor advances one character at a time, but only within words -- it skips the space between two words.

The Zagg works without problems with both keyboards paired.

#

Turning off the Zagg eliminates these problems with the Apple keyboard -- of course.

#

I don't expect there to be a ready solution -- or any solution -- but I'm impelled to ask by the tiny possibility that there is a way to solve my problem.

Thanks for listening.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All I can think of is a third keyboard/case, one that allows you to easily detach the keyboard (or iPad) from the case for greater flexibility of placement. I'm sure there's at least one.

Sorry.

hollyvane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
All I can think of is a third keyboard/case, one that allows you to easily detach the keyboard (or iPad) from the case for greater flexibility of placement. I'm sure there's at least one.

Sorry.

i have a keyboard that keeps needing a restart to even appear.
I open safari and attempt to write and the keyboard does not appear. Only after a full restart does it work and then after turninf the Ipad off the same issue recurrs

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i have a keyboard that keeps needing a restart to even appear.
I open safari and attempt to write and the keyboard does not appear. Only after a full restart does it work and then after turninf the Ipad off the same issue recurrs

Hi Hollyvane - welcome to the forum! :) You've kind of 'highjacked' the OP's thread and may not receive the attention for you own issues and will also confuse others trying to respond to one or the other problems being addressed.

I would suggest starting you own thread w/ an appropriate title for your problem and please include information on the iPad model you own, the brand/model of your keyboard, and the iOS that you're running on your iPad? But just as a quick suggestion make sure you have fresh batteries in your KB? Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts