Twins spend more than $1500 buying virtual pets on iPad app

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Oct 1, 2013.

1. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm 50, and I don't have a credit card. :)
    What I meant: there's a supermarket not far away from my village where I'd get iTunes gift cards (not online, but cash). I hope there will be something like this around your location as well.

2. anonbeep

anonbeep
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My pleasure.

4. anonbeep

anonbeep
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry Peeps about the double message. Pressed the wrong button, I expect there's a way to get a message back but not worked it out yet

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can't edit posts in the News forum.

6. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    This situation is beyond ridiculously funny. Seriously, Apple has put into place MULTIPLE safe guards to avoid this VERY situation. And what is even funnier is, that the parents had all the safeguards in place.

The only problem is the safeguards are completely useless when you give the password to a 6 YEAR OLD.....

What parent in their right mind hands a child a password to an account that has the ability to spend money????????

Apple's good will gestures are nice and all but the parents should have been slapped with the full bill for this one. They turned on the security provided and they choose to give away the protection.

7. Wayneb

Wayneb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Where I live in southern California you can buy iTunes cards just about any store, the drug stores and grocery stores all have them so I am always near somewhere that has them, I live in a very small town and not a big city.

8. anonbeep

anonbeep
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    @wayneb. Yes and I Been told we can here. I am way behind the times and just doing a lot of catchup. I have always dealt in cash. Still write cheques. Never been into all this digital. Fascinated by this bit of kit and severely regretting not being into this computer age years ago. Yep I slipped up bad here. This is the digital age now and it is a problem cos it is difficult to live without it. I was warned by the Pension dpt when I needed a bank account with an email a few years ago and still didn't listen. Ah! But I am now, better late than never. The point is I can see how people can get caught buying stuff online, some of the geeks (if u don't mind the phrase) on IFB have criticised quite severely but if you have had the wisdom or taken the opportunity to learn this stuff well done and good luck to you, but hey it is scary, example, my mate told me to google my own name and see what came up and I didn't like it. Too easy and showing too much personal details I couldn't believe it, so I googled friends names and same. I only found IFB and u guys by accident and the moral to this post, iPAD is a super bit of kit but if u r a newby like me join IFB, I'm telling everyone about you now and have a real good look at what u r doing when you giving personal details like bank card numbers and so called FREE stuff, it can be and often is anything but. Thanks Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Edit

#28 anonbeep, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  9. Wayneb

Wayneb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, going online can be dangerous if you are not careful, I checked one site to see if a friends info was on it and I found way too many details about her, It had her address, cell and home phone numbers, mortgage payments and lots more. I saw today Adobe was hacked and data was compromised for 2.9 million user accounts,
    that kind of stuff is why I don't trust online companies with a credit card on file.

10. Elizellen

Elizellen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Most petrol stations seem to have a rack near the tills with all sorts of gift cards for various outlets. I bet they will have ITune ones there.