What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twins spend more than $1500 buying virtual pets on iPad app

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@kelB. Exactly, I can't tell u how glad I am that I found this forum. This iPad is a brill bit of kit but can get you into all sorts of trouble. The shop that sold me this couldn't or wldnt answer my questions. It is a minefield and a lot to learn, especially for someone like me who was not brought up with computers and all this digital stuff. I am amazed by the technology, it's wonderful, but it is scary. I don't like all my info going online as you put it and like it or not personal stuff does hav to go online if u want to use it, it is knowing how much and when and where to put it. Thanks to u all on the forum and especially to the person(s) who thought it up, beepsy

Welcome and thank you.... We appreciate your comments and yes our team try hard to provide answers and assistance to not only you but thousands of users world wide.

The forum is part of a group of some 40 plus forums covering not only technology but many other interests. Each and every one of our moderators and resident admin staff are volunteers based around the world on call to answer question or problems as needed. Our team are passionate about Apple and are highly experience not only in the technology but also in the art of communicating with our users to resolve issues and at the same time give them confidence in how to use these amazing products but in saying that we also are proud to have a team of highly experience dedicated members whom treat our forum as a second home.

I have taken note of the issue that has been raised regarding in app purchases and as a personal commitment will establish a sub forum that will explain and assist users in the best way to assist and help not only families but individual users like your self how to avoid an unwanted expensive iTunes bill.

Thank you on behalf of our iPad forum team and the forumfoundry.com

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never link credit cards to anything, I just buy iTunes gift cards when I need to get something.
I do the same thing with Amazon, I refuse to allow any company to have a credit card on file.

That's a great idea you could purchase, I tunes gift cards at any Walgreens

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm lost here!!! To buy a gift card from ITunes would u not hav to put in yor card details?
iTunes gift cards are also available in Apple stores, as well as different other stores (at least here in Austria). I guess it will be the same in other countries.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@JA. Yes of course, my Apple store is 60 mile away in Southampton, but I get yor drift. I'm old JA, my age group is on still into cash, cards of any sort and buying online
I'm 50, and I don't have a credit card. :)
What I meant: there's a supermarket not far away from my village where I'd get iTunes gift cards (not online, but cash). I hope there will be something like this around your location as well.

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
@JA. Yes of course, my Apple store is 60 mile away in Southampton, but I get yor drift. I'm old JA, my age group is on still into cash, cards of any sort and buying online is not something I do/have only just started doing, didn't realise u cld get a gift card till u told me, thanks for that bit of info cos I'm really averse to putting my details online

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This situation is beyond ridiculously funny. Seriously, Apple has put into place MULTIPLE safe guards to avoid this VERY situation. And what is even funnier is, that the parents had all the safeguards in place.

The only problem is the safeguards are completely useless when you give the password to a 6 YEAR OLD.....

What parent in their right mind hands a child a password to an account that has the ability to spend money????????

Apple's good will gestures are nice and all but the parents should have been slapped with the full bill for this one. They turned on the security provided and they choose to give away the protection.

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm lost here!!! To buy a gift card from ITunes would u not hav to put in yor card details?

Where I live in southern California you can buy iTunes cards just about any store, the drug stores and grocery stores all have them so I am always near somewhere that has them, I live in a very small town and not a big city.

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
@wayneb. Yes and I Been told we can here. I am way behind the times and just doing a lot of catchup. I have always dealt in cash. Still write cheques. Never been into all this digital. Fascinated by this bit of kit and severely regretting not being into this computer age years ago. Yep I slipped up bad here. This is the digital age now and it is a problem cos it is difficult to live without it. I was warned by the Pension dpt when I needed a bank account with an email a few years ago and still didn't listen. Ah! But I am now, better late than never. The point is I can see how people can get caught buying stuff online, some of the geeks (if u don't mind the phrase) on IFB have criticised quite severely but if you have had the wisdom or taken the opportunity to learn this stuff well done and good luck to you, but hey it is scary, example, my mate told me to google my own name and see what came up and I didn't like it. Too easy and showing too much personal details I couldn't believe it, so I googled friends names and same. I only found IFB and u guys by accident and the moral to this post, iPAD is a super bit of kit but if u r a newby like me join IFB, I'm telling everyone about you now and have a real good look at what u r doing when you giving personal details like bank card numbers and so called FREE stuff, it can be and often is anything but. Thanks Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, going online can be dangerous if you are not careful, I checked one site to see if a friends info was on it and I found way too many details about her, It had her address, cell and home phone numbers, mortgage payments and lots more. I saw today Adobe was hacked and data was compromised for 2.9 million user accounts,
that kind of stuff is why I don't trust online companies with a credit card on file.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most petrol stations seem to have a rack near the tills with all sorts of gift cards for various outlets. I bet they will have ITune ones there.

Most reactions

Latest posts