Tv out

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Azyman, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Azyman

Azyman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am having problems with getting sound when trying to watch videos on my tv I am using a component cable the picture is great but just can't get any sound! Any help would be appreciated
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,209 / 1
    Hi Azyman--hang tight with your question. As members come through, perhaps some may be able to help you.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information that contain many sections that cover Ipad App Store, Help, General Discussion, Accessories, Ipad Education and Business. The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

If you have not already, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Finally, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules: Forum rules - everybody please read!!.

Best Wishes and Enjoy!
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +939 / 0
    Hi Azyman - welcome to the forum! :)

Just to review your iPad to TV setup - for a component video connection you will need 5 cabled connections to the TV; 3 for the video & 2 for analog audio - the cable shown below is an example. So before proceeding is this the type of cable you are using?

Now if your TV is a HD one w/ HDMI inputs (one cable for both digital video & sound), then the HDMI iPad adapter has worked great for me on my HDTV - good luck and please post back in response to the questions above!

The-Component-AV-Cable-for-Apple-iPad-iPhone-PF-IPD048088-.jpg
  4. Azyman

Azyman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +939 / 0
    Hello again Azyman - I would strongly suggest that you go to the HDMI cable since your TV can support that interface!

Good luck and please post you progress back to this thread - :)