What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching movies from ipad to tv

Kermie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Recently bought an iPad and bought the component to hook it up to the TV so that I could watch movies i've downloaded through the iPad. I've added an app for VLC player and put the movie into this app so that i could watch it, plugged it all in to the TV and now i can't understand why it doesn't seem to be coming up with a picture or sound. Am i using the wrong file converter ??? Some advice on how to do this would be much appreciated.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VLC doesn't allow TV Out supporting.

Stupid huh?

Apple only allows certain things to go out. For example the native video player, photos and more.

If your jailbroken, look into DisplayOut.

An app I recommend would be Buzz Player. Costs some money, but plays a lot of formats, supports out and let's you stream from your computer.

OP
K

Kermie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I shall try that!

Its not jailbroken, i don't fully understand it yet so need to research first.

If i converted the films into Mpeg4 would that work? I have tried this but then couldn't workout how to add the film to the iPad :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts