What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with photo sync

Reaction score
I am having great difficulty getting my large photo files to sync on my ipad3. I was told by an Apple rep that anything over 3000 pixels width or height will cause issues.
The main reason I bought the ipad3 was for the quality of resolution.
When I try to place my existing photos from my PC on an SD card and use a card reader the ipad3 does not like them. It sees no photos.
If I take pictures of any size with my digital camera and upload them via the card reader....NO ISSUES !!
I have 1000's of pics on my hard drive.
If anyone has this issue or can lead me to the fix I would be very grateful.
I am still not drinking the koolaid Apple is selling. I really would like to drink it.....but so far it is bitter.
Thanks for any help.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try looking at an SD card formatted in your camera, on your PC/MAC ,and see what the folder that the pictures are in is labeled. Then make a folder with a different card with the same folder name. Then put your jpeg pictures in that folder. Now they should upload onto your ipad. I just imported a SD card from a Sony NEX-7 24mp (6000x4000 pixels) camera onto my iPad3. (They were probably down-sampled to 3000x2000 pixels) The files were like this "DCIM/100MSDCF/DSC00XXX.AWR". You can also add them directly to your iPad from iTunes. Plug your iPad into iTunes on your computer, select your iPad in the left hand column of iTunes, you should see the iPad "Summary" screen, choose the "Photos" tab, check the "Sync Photos from" box, on that same line pull down the box with My Pictures in it and select "Choose Folder", now navigate to the folder you want imported and select it. Now you can select the photos or folders you want and then sync them to your iPad, Much easier. Just remember, as with music, if it has a check by it, it will be put on or left on the iPad if it's already on it, NO check and that item will be removed from the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts