What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with iOS 5 Update

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need your help! Im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section. Not sure if it should go here or the ios 5 section, but right now, i dont know whats causing the problem...

So i upgraded my ipad2 to ios 5 today. It started to restore my ipad too..dont know why. I never told it to restore...i just said to download and update only, so i dont know why it restored it also.

Anyway, after i knew it was restoring, i unplugged my ipad from itunes and noticed a few of my apps were gone. I downloaded them again from the app store with no problem, but a few hours later, i noticed that i didnt have the ipad forum app installed so i tried to install it again.

So when i tried to install it, it asks me for my apple id password which it always does...i type it in and it tells me that "the apple id you entered could not be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again"...so i did carefully just in case i may have mistyped it the first time..but i still got the same message several times after! Amd i know i typed my password in correctly and i know for a fact that i didnt change my password....so what is the problem??

Is anyone else having this problem? Its annoying me because im not allowed to download any apps and i dont know how to change my password? Can someone please advise me on what to do at is point? Thanks in advance! :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings...and...ouch! The problem arose when you killed the restore process. iOS 5 is a full backup, wipe and restore upgrade (not incremental), meaning that everything on your iPad was backed up, all of the data on it deleted and the restore process began replacing all of the data along with the new iOS. Since the process was interrupted the restore never completed and it's not allowing you to log into your Apple account.

You could try restoring from backup first. However I think you'll probably end up having to restore your iPad to factory settings and then go through the process of restoring your apps, etc. Here is the info you need...

iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but hope it helps. In the future, always let your iPad finish when updating, etc. or you'll risk data corruption.

BTW I'll move this to the iPF Help area where it might assist others that follow.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

OP
C

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its weird because i just started using my ipad again (since last night), and i tried to download an app to see if the same problem happened..and it didnt! It let me download the app this time..so im wondering is there only gonna be an error some of the time? Because if the problem randomly fixed itself, then i dont feel like restoring my ipad back to factory..i dont know, what should i do? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not always the iPad's fault. Sometimes you get glitches with the App Store. They usually fix themselves after a few hours. Sometimes signing out then back in helps (at the bottom of the Featured tab).

Somes the App Store app glitches too, and can often be fixed by the usual suspects.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had lots of "glitches" with the Apple store. I just walk away and come back in a few hours and the problems usually resolve themselves. My problem was the double entry contacts. But, being the genius I am NOT I managed to reinstall the GContacts then delete groups then the app itself. That took care of my iphone4 double entry so now on to my iPad2.Come to think of it maybe I am a genius lol.. Have a great day and don't let the iPad and Apple issues get to you, there is always hope that someone here will be able to guide you.

Most reactions

Latest posts