What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trouble syncing ipad to itunes

bigbubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
went to sync ipad with itunes and it would not sync i had my ipad since april 3rd can anybody give suggestions

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have trouble backup some of my non purchased songs from itunes and photos. They are all on my ipad and i want to save them to my computer. Isthisjust a scheme from apple to make you purchase songs from iTunes ?

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you indicated in iTunes what you want to have synced?
In iTunes under Devices (listed on the left side), select your iPad. You should see across the top of the iTunes screen, a list of tabs (Summary, Info, Apps...).

Click on each of the tabs and make your selections of what you want to have synced. Don't forget to click the Apply button at the bottom right corner of the screen to save your options. After you've made all of your selections, you can click the Sync button.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you indicated in iTunes what you want to have synced?
In iTunes under Devices (listed on the left side), select your iPad. You should see across the top of the iTunes screen, a list of tabs (Summary, Info, Apps...).

Click on each of the tabs and make your selections of what you want to have synced. Don't forget to click the Apply button at the bottom right corner of the screen to save your options. After you've made all of your selections, you can click the Sync button.

My thing is that it doesn't back up everything. It only backs up purchased items from the iTunes store.

Mohatma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might need to update your iTunes version. It needs iTunes 9.1. I received my iPad yesterday and sat stunned as I just bought a new imac. And tried to sync them. The new iMac's iTunes was out of date. Upgraded iTunes at it saw the iPad immediately. I know how you feel bigbubba.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had some difficulties with iTunes seeing my iPad at first. My computer (Windows XP) thought the iPad was a camera, so it set it up as memory.

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
I am also having an issue with the sync. It will sync all but videos and music. have tried everything (but the right thing) to get this to work. In itunes all is set to sync but no music or video does it sync. I am doing the drag and drop thing now which works while I try to get this to work. I am running Win 7 64bit. Any ideas on what is going on/

Most reactions

Latest posts