What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes sync logic

whoachubby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad and Itouch.

Having never downloaded any video I thought I would do a test on my touch.
Went into iTunes store and downloaded a tv show into iTunes.

Then I went to iTunes and hit the tv button. Saw the downloaded show and checked the boxes.

When I hit sync I got a message that said iTunes would erase all of my videos and music if I proceeded. I hit sync and it downloaded the tv show and true to it's word it erased all of my music from the I touch.
What possible logic is at play here. How can you sync video from iTunes if this is the result?

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what you did was try to sync your itouch to iTunes that is already linked to your iPad (or another device). For example there are two iPad is my house (my wife's and then mine).

I order to sync both iPads without erasing what's on them I had to create a different Windows Login account. When I sync mine I log in as myself. When she synces her then she uses her login. This has always been the case with iTunes (and its downfall).

Bass656

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure of the logic as to why it occurred, but I am pretty sure that it has nothing to do only being able to link one device to ITunes at a time. I have an IPhone 4, an IPad, 2 ITouches and a older click wheel IPod synced to my single log-in account in ITunes

Most reactions

Latest posts