What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble printing from ipad2 to Windows 7 printer

bcross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not sure if iPAD connect is the right discussion group, so please let me know if this should be elsewhere.

I am unable to print from my ipad2 to a Windows 7 desktop usb printer. I realize that this may not be a supported configuration, but I have seen several sites purporting that this can be done.

What I've done so far:
Installed the Bonjour Service , and verified that it was allowed both publicly and privately in Windows Firewall.

Installed the Airprint service manually, using the following command line: sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint\airprint.exe -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto

I also added this service to Windows Firewall, public and private.

The service started successfully (sc start AirPrint)
I launched the Bonjour printer wizard and added two printers. I now see these printers when I open Devices and Printers. However, when I send a document to this printer (from my desktop), nothing actually prints, but shows with an ERROR status in the print properties. That's problem #1.

Whenever I try to locate/install a printer from the ipad, none are found. This is problem #2.

I have a wireless network, which I have verified that the ipad is connected to. The desktop had a wired connection to the wireless router. Does the desktop have to be wireless as well? There is only one subnet (192.168.1.x)
I also disabled Windows Firewall, and was still unable to locate a printer, so I'm ready to rule the firewall out of the equation.

Problem #3:
I tried stopping the airprint service and running directly to see if there were any error messages. I received the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Airprint>airprint.exe

Listening for connections on 0.0.0.0:631...
Listening for connections on [::1]:631...
Unable to remove "C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\/cupslite/cupslite" - No such file or directory
OKIB411: DeviceCapabilities(DC_ENUMRESOLUTIONS) failed
Epson: DeviceCapabilities(DC_ENUMRESOLUTIONS) failed
XpdfPrint library version = 3.02.33

Is there anything else I can try, or another way to verify that the steps I've done have at least been successful?

Thank you!

Bert Cross

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also tried installing the "AirPrint" and had no luck.

Found and installed FingerPrint and haven't had a problem printing via wireless from either my iPhone or iPad since. :thumbs:

They have a free trial version you can setup to make sure it meets your needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts