What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trojan virus! Need help!

MattG606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was just notified that my ipad has a trojan virus. It IS jailbroken and the virus message appeared when i opened cydia and it said my personal info was not safe. I was not able to open terminal, safari, or mail apps because they crashed immediately, and in a panic i reset the ipad and it erased cydia. i believe the virus came from a bootlace app or an openiboot app from "DJ Hartley" repo. Please help!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Assuming your device is actually infected because you installed the spyware through the package and it's not just a random iAd or Ad in Cydia, then restore the device in DFU mode. There's a reason that packages should only be installed via the direct repositories of the developer or manually installed through a deb download directly from a developer's site.

OP
M

MattG606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. will this work if the virus affected the backup file saved on the device? Also, will i be able to jailbreak it again?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most likely it will not get picked up by a backup. Assuming the latest iOS or the iOS that you're installing to is jailbreakable, then yes you can rejailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts