1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Trojan virus! Need help!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by MattG606, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MattG606

MattG606 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was just notified that my ipad has a trojan virus. It IS jailbroken and the virus message appeared when i opened cydia and it said my personal info was not safe. I was not able to open terminal, safari, or mail apps because they crashed immediately, and in a panic i reset the ipad and it erased cydia. i believe the virus came from a bootlace app or an openiboot app from "DJ Hartley" repo. Please help!
  2. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    Assuming your device is actually infected because you installed the spyware through the package and it's not just a random iAd or Ad in Cydia, then restore the device in DFU mode. There's a reason that packages should only be installed via the direct repositories of the developer or manually installed through a deb download directly from a developer's site.
  3. MattG606

MattG606 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks. will this work if the virus affected the backup file saved on the device? Also, will i be able to jailbreak it again?
  4. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    Most likely it will not get picked up by a backup. Assuming the latest iOS or the iOS that you're installing to is jailbreakable, then yes you can rejailbreak.