What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer video clip from pc to ipad

billo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how does one transfer a video clip from pc to ipad.
I have tried sending it to ICloud, DropBox, and connecting the ipad via usb to pc.
Maybe it is not possible.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depends on where you want it to appear and what you want to do with it.

If you want it to show up in the Movies app you have to sync it through iTunes on a computer.

To get it into the Photos app you can also use iTunes, by treating it as a photo in photo syncing. This can be a pain, since you also have to use iTunes to remove it.

Or you can use a third party photo/video transfer app like PhotoSync (no hyphen). There are several of these, some of which have optional computer side clients.

Finally, if you don't care if it ends up in Movies or Photos, then you can use one of several available third party apps, like OPlayer, to store and play video clips. Most have several ways of importing video content. This solution is the most versatile when it comes to watching different video formats. The Movies and Photos apps pretty limited in this regard.

Note: The clips must end up in the Photos app if you intend to use them with iMovie, or many other movie editing apps.

Last edited:
OP
B

billo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The delay in replying was because I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to upload a 8MB video clip to my IPad mini. I was hoping I could tell you that I have succeeded but I can't. I have managed to get it uploaded to ITunes on my PC and can play it there. I have also tried dropbox but when I click on it there using the IPad it just keeps trying and trying to upload it - maybe because of the size - so after awhile I give up. Thanks anyway for your input.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad it worked for you.

When you sync a video/movie from iTunes on the computer it shows up in the Videos app instead of the Photos app, in case you were looking in the wrong place.

Most reactions

Latest posts