What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync ipad to pc

msnarayanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear all

i have downloaded itune to my pc. i want to copy some video clippings from pc to ipad.
please give me the steps i should follow to copy videos to ipad.

for your information, the video clippings are compatible for ipad.

thanks

m.s.narayanan

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dear all

i have downloaded itune to my pc. i want to copy some video clippings from pc to ipad.
please give me the steps i should follow to copy videos to ipad.

for your information, the video clippings are compatible for ipad.

thanks

m.s.narayanan
Oops ababx3 just beat me to it with good gear. But here's my contribution:
Hi m.s.m. You're familiar with the need for iTunes on your PC and compatibility of videos, I assume the MP4 format, so that's a good start.
Then plug in your PC to iPad using the syncing cable, open up iTunes on the PC, and select your iPad as your device (up top). From the summary choose the folder to select your videos and check which videos to sync. Then click Apply (or Sync...I can't remember which) and you should get those videos onto your iPad. Give it enough time.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops ababx3 just beat me to it with good gear. But here's my contribution:
Hi m.s.m. You're familiar with the need for iTunes on your PC and compatibility of videos, I assume the MP4 format, so that's a good start.
Then plug in your PC to iPad using the syncing cable, open up iTunes on the PC, and select your iPad as your device (up top). From the summary choose the folder to select your videos and check which videos to sync. Then click Apply (or Sync...I can't remember which) and you should get those videos onto your iPad. Give it enough time.
Andrew

That should also work. BTW, you can call me by just ab or abs. I gave this name just to keep the username of the games which I play.:)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That should also work. BTW, you can call me by just ab or abs. I gave this name just to keep the username of the games which I play.:)

Glad to ab. I thought about abs, then peered down under my iPad while lounging on my couch and thought better not be thinking about abs too much. Not much there to think about really;)
Andrew

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to ab. I thought about abs, then peered down under my iPad while lounging on my couch and thought better not be thinking about abs too much. Not much there to think about really;)
Andrew

Nickname are well in use these days, just like Timothy Donald Cook is called just Tim Cook by us.:) I have no problem in whatever you call me as long as I can understand that its me who is being referred to. lol

OP
M

msnarayanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear mr.andrew
as you have suggested, i connected the ipad to pc plugging in a drive (say "g"). i also opened itune in my pc.
but the device name is now shown. but there is a line showing "device" and when clicked a screen appears
with my ipad name. when i clicked on it, some updates are done and only "camera" icon appears.

when i clicked "movies", i find that there are 27 videos clippings.

i understand that in normal course, the device name should appear on the left side columns.

i am trying many a times with many methods, but i could not sync the videos to my ipad.

your suggesstion/help pl.

msnarayanan

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dear mr.andrew
as you have suggested, i connected the ipad to pc plugging in a drive (say "g"). i also opened itune in my pc.
but the device name is now shown. but there is a line showing "device" and when clicked a screen appears
with my ipad name. when i clicked on it, some updates are done and only "camera" icon appears.

i understand that in normal course, the device name should appear on the left side columns.

i am trying many a times with many methods, but i could not sync the videos to my ipad.

msnarayanan
Here is a link from Apple directly covering the syncing procedure.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386
That, and the helpful assistance from the post/link from abababababab above, if both are read carefully, should have been of assistance. It leaves me to wonder from where and how did you obtain those videos and in what format they are. There are apps available to convert videos to a format acceptable to the iPad.
Andrew

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dear mr.andrew

msnarayanan

Hello msnarayanan further to my post above, it has come to our attention that you have now made two separate posts requesting assistance from members regarding the same syncing problem that you are experiencing. This fragments the conversation and may be confusing to members as to which post to reply to, and that is in fact what has happened.
Please note that duplicating posts is against the rules (read the forum rules in the link below).
Normally a duplicated post would be deleted, but as members have gone to the trouble of assisting you in both posts, we will let them stand as is.
See the rules here >>> http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
Thanks for your understanding,
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
M

msnarayanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear sir
i am really very sorry that i sent duplicate post in the forum. i was confused as to
which topic i should use for posting and hence the duplicate post. now i am very
clear how to post and to which forum.
once again, i apologize for having sent duplicate post.

while on the subject, my problem remains unsolved.

msnarayanan

OP
M

msnarayanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear mr.andrew

i downloaded some south indian carnatic music videos from youtube, using real player. then i converted these
for use in ipad, using any video converter. i am sure these videos should play in ipad.

i went through the apple support site.

my ipad is not shown under device on the leftside panel.

please through some light.

msnarayanan

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dear mr.andrew

i downloaded some south indian carnatic music videos from youtube, using real player. then i converted these
for use in ipad, using any video converter. i am sure these videos should play in ipad.

i went through the apple support site.

my ipad is not shown under device on the leftside panel.

please through some light.

msnarayanan

Hi msnarayanan, I'm sorry to see that the previous links provided were of no help. Here are some steps suggested by Apple to troubleshoot your problem.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

And here is another site that may give you a clue.
http://thehowto.wikidot.com/ipad-does-not-appear-in-itunes
I regret my knowledge does not extend beyond what has been covered so far, so I can only hope others may have workable suggestions for you.
Andrew

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear all i have downloaded itune to my pc. i want to copy some video clippings from pc to ipad. please give me the steps i should follow to copy videos to ipad. for your information, the video clippings are compatible for ipad. thanks m.s.narayanan

I'll give this a shot..
Install itunes on your PC/MAC (current version)
Configure itunes to your email, bind it to credit card if necessary.
Attach your ipad to the PC/Mac via USB cable.
Enable side bar from itunes pull down menu
Select your ipad when visible
Select videos tab
Select videos to install.

If this still doesn't work, I suggest youtube vids

Most reactions

Latest posts