What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer one App to Ipad

shrinkhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an app with my iphone. Transfered the purchase to Itune. How can I transfer this single App to my Ipad? I don't full understand this sync stuff. My Itune has a lot more App than my Ipad and I don't want all of them to go to my Ipad. Is it possible to just drag one app to my Ipad without sync the whole think which takes forever. Thanks

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all you need to do, is to un-sign (take off the sign) all the applications on your iTunes, except the one you want to be transfered, and perform the SYNC operation.
Remember that it needs to be the same account used for the ipad

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into iTunes, with your iPad connected, and in the left column click on your iPads name under "Devices". You will see a "Summary" screen come up with tabs across the top, click on "Apps" tab, you will see all of the apps you have bought or downloaded from Apple listed there. There general rule in iTunes is, if it's checked it will be synced, if it's not checked it will not be synced, or if it is already synced it will be deleted. You may want to uncheck the "Automatically sync new apps" box if you intend to have a lot of different apps on each device. You may also want to go to "Edit", upper left hand corner of iTunes, and click on "Preferences", goto the "Devices" tab and check the box by "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically". That way if you download an app in iTunes it won't automatically put it on your device when you connect, this allows you to select what you want to sync.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts