What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer large media FROM iPad or iPhone to hard drive/SD card WITHOUT computeriTunes

Think_hard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any way to transfer photos and videos that ae taken and stored on an iPad or iPhone ONTO an external memory drive or SD card without having a computer? This is important to conserve space and to avoid having to carry a laptop with you.

I understand that Apple sells a camera connection kit that has an SD card slot, but from what I know, this appears to be only for importing photos into an iPad or iPhone, and not the other way around? Or am I wrong?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The filename of the video must be the same as the camera format - change it to abc12345.mp4 for example, any 8 digits plus the extension then delete from photo app when done watching to open space.
Let us know if that helps....

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Oops...I had to re-read the title.....ipad needs to be jb to transfer FROM ipad to external sd card using ifile from cydia....sorry. Glaucoma is kickin' in....where's my meds. ;) You can also play the vid from external card thru ifile without having to import also.

Last edited:
OP
T

Think_hard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. A bit disappointed about the lack of large media export though. Makes taking pics and videos and storing media on an iPhone and iPad an issue if it means I need to carry a laptop with me too just to export videos for storage.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Transferred a 350mb video from the ipad yesterday using the Photo Transfer app. Just set your browser to the iPads address and it's treated as a browser download. Assume size isn't a problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts