What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchscreen not responsive...since ios5???

rogie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it just be coincidence or has anyone else noticed that the touchscreen on iPad 1 (or 2 for that matter) isn't responding as it should? Can't swipe sometimes, keyboard is not responding properly...this post has taken some very deliberate typing to accomplish...anyone else?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded to iOS5 but I would try rebooting the device. Hold down the home and power button until the device turns off. Turn the device back on, it may take a little bit for it to start up. If this doesn't seem to fix the issue then try restoring your device (may have been a glitch when it initially installed). If the issue continues then I would contact your local Apple store and take it in to have them take a look at it.

Mhoudini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have noticed my screen to be a little responsive since the update. A shooting game I play is more difficult now because I seems the screen can't sense my fingers movement sometimes. Maybe it's just a coincidence who knows

OP
R

rogie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Wookiee2cu. It helped. It still feels a little sluggish, but maybe I'm imagining it now...I'll give it a couple of days before deciding whether to take it in.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've notice likewise, on iPad 1 and 2. Also, sometimes the keyboard is slow. Not always, but sometimes I'll have typed two words before the first word even shows. And I'm a slow typist!

Most reactions

Latest posts