What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touching the screen

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
Think about it. Simple solution mimicking two fingers. Natural motion for pinch to zoom, selections, etc.

Capacitive chopsticks?? What the....?!

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been on retreat for the weekend. No signal for my phone, no iPad! I couldn't decide which of my styluses/stylii to use, but have opted for the Boxwave. I have parked the other two in my nostrils in readiness. Seriously, it isn't the fingerprints so much as the feel of the screen. I just don't like it. But I am trying to get over it.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
Think about it. Simple solution mimicking two fingers. Natural motion for pinch to zoom, selections, etc.

Capacitive chopsticks?? What the....?!

My, albeit brief, vision was of almost two thin styli that you could use almost like chopsticks. It would allow you the ability and flexibility of two fingers, but you wouldn't have to touch the screen with your hands.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try it, you might like it. Keep a wipey close to keep your fingers clean to help with the fingerprints. I've become so used to the touch that I found myself today trying to move the screen on my MacBook Pro, was getting frustrated with it until I realized I was having a DUH moment. And I can out type my keyboard on a regular keyboard...140+ pm.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try it, you might like it. Keep a wipey close to keep your fingers clean to help with the fingerprints. I've become so used to the touch that I found myself today trying to move the screen on my MacBook Pro, was getting frustrated with it until I realized I was having a DUH moment.

I did that on my windows computer but the cheap plastic frame kinda gives it away before I get a chance to run my finger over the plastic screen.
Oh, how I love glass! :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try it, you might like it. Keep a wipey close to keep your fingers clean to help with the fingerprints. I've become so used to the touch that I found myself today trying to move the screen on my MacBook Pro, was getting frustrated with it until I realized I was having a DUH moment.

I did that on my windows computer but the cheap plastic frame kinda gives it away before I get a chance to run my finger over the plastic screen.
Oh, how I love glass! :)

Macs don't have cheap plastic frames:)

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly.

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
My, albeit brief, vision was of almost two thin styli that you could use almost like chopsticks. It would allow you the ability and flexibility of two fingers, but you wouldn't have to touch the screen with your hands.

I've never been quite the same since Edward Scissorhands....

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
craftypepper said:
I hate touching my screen because of finger prints. I always use a stylus unless I need multitouch to zoom.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

You do realize that the stylus leaves smudge makes on the screen also?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:

Mine doesn't. I just let my screen go black to check. Lovely it is.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
craftypepper said:
I hate touching my screen because of finger prints. I always use a stylus unless I need multitouch to zoom.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

I don't know what stylus you have but mine doesn't. I think you aren't cleaning your screen first so it pushes the oil from your finger around.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I don't know what stylus you have but mine doesn't. I think you aren't cleaning your screen first so it pushes the oil from your finger around.

Good point

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I completely understand the phobia! I'm not big on touching the screen with my fingers either...my thing is mostly about the fingerprints. Can't stand them. They look horrible...greasy and disgusting lol. Can you tell I'm a little OCD? Anyway, I found an awesome screen protector that is fingerprint resistant and reduces glare. It also helps that it feels different than the naked screen, which makes me feel better about touching it for some reason. Anyway, fingerprints don't show as much and they wipe off a lot better. I love my stylus but sometimes it can get frustrating when you're trying ton zoom in on a webpage or something. Also - the best cleaning cloth I have found is by Targus. It can be purchased at Wal-Mart in a set with some screen spray, near where they have the accessories for the iPad. Works a lot better than the cheapie ones that come with the screen protectors - I don't have to wipe very much at all with that cloth and this screen protector.

Just had to give my two cents and let you know that you're not alone!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts