touch screen malfunctions?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Brian Chin, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Brian Chin

Brian Chin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone had an outage of the iPad touch screen ever? I was recharging from less than 3% charge, and now can't enter my passcode or even slide the "slide to unlock" screen when unfolding my cover to use the screen. Had to use a desktop to post this.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you notice the problem right away or after the iPad had finished the recharge?
    Have you tried rebooting the iPad, it may help? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

3. Brian Chin

Brian Chin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Holding down the power button alone restored screen. Thanks for your help, happy, healthy, functional new year to you and your dear ones.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad it's fixed, thanks for letting us know. It's always good to hear about the success stories.

5. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It usually happens when you open an iPad, then it switches from portrait to landscape, or vice versa. An alternative is to open the camera app on the bottom right of the screen and press the home button, or open the control center and either open the clocks or camera app from there and doing the same procedure.