What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch screen not responsive?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve made a post about my iPad Pro 10.5 3 years old touch screen not responsive like it suppose to while ago. Well, I’ve done all I could including touch accommodations in settings with no luck. I’m hoping there are other things I can try to fix it, before replacing to a 2020 iPad Pro 11inches. I think this is still pretty new to have this problem..Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks guys.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had similar problems for nearly a year with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9

Try cleaning the screen with some rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth. My problems eventually went away, but it’s not clear if the cleanings were the solution.
I’m also a rock climber and we dry our hands frequently with gymnast’s chalk, which may make it less likely that the touch screen will detect a touch. You might also try some hand moisturizer and see if that helps. It seemed to help for me.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had similar problems for nearly a year with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9

Try cleaning the screen with some rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth. My problems eventually went away, but it’s not clear if the cleanings were the solution.
I’m also a rock climber and we dry our hands frequently with gymnast’s chalk, which may make it less likely that the touch screen will detect a touch. You might also try some hand moisturizer and see if that helps. It seemed to help for me.
I tried all that with no success. It’s time to replace it I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts