TomTom has announced that its popular iPhone app has now been fully updated and optimized for iPad. This latest version of the app features a higher resolution for a sharper display, and an enhanced user interface to fit the iPadâ€™s larger screen. The full-screen display now shows both driving view and advanced lane guidance at the same time, with drivers being able to switch to driving view with one touch from anywhere within the app, and access guidance options with just one tap.
The app also features a new map release complete with updated roads and points of interest, and HD Traffic is now available to download as an in-app purchase. Here are some of the appâ€™s most important features courtesy of TomTom:
Click here to download TomTom App for iPhone/iPad for $49.99 (the iPad version is free to download for owners of the iPhone version): App Store - TomTom U.S.A.
- Access to TomTom HD Traffic â€“ the quickest way through the traffic
- The latest, most accurate TomTom maps available â€“ with no need for a mobile signal or data plan
- Correct your map and get othersâ€™ changes every day via Map Share
- Arrival times you can rely on â€“ at all times of day â€“ with IQ Routes[SUP]TM[/SUP]
- Seamless navigation while calling, thanks to iOS 5 multitasking support
- Seamless integration with your iPhone contacts, photos, music, email and calendar
- Homer Simpson, Darth Vader, Yoda, and C3PO navigation voices available as an in-app purchase.