Purchased tomtom app not working with iOS6

Discussion in 'Australian General Discussions' started by HansEngelhardt, Sep 20, 2012.

1. HansEngelhardt

HansEngelhardt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To quick for my own good I installed iOS6 on my iPad 2 yesterday morning. A month ago I purchased the tomtom app and the Bad Elf GPS and everything was working perfectly, good voice sound (except for the annoying “Motorway†instead of Freeway) a very good picture and fast map up-date from the “Bad Elfâ€.
    And then I installed iOS6 and now NO tomtom, all I get is ‘Poor GPS Reception’. The Bad Elf part works, good position accuracy, 8 out of 12 satellites and the map. Has anyone else had a similar experience and any suggestions?

2. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +601 / 1
    Welcome to our forums..... First Tom Tom is responsible motorway instead of freeway. I agree it's annoying but that is life.
    In respect to the issue of it not working after upgrading that issue is a Tom Tom problem and most likely be addressed in an update to support iOS 6. You could try deleting the App then reinstall it. ( it will be free) that may resolve the issue. I also suggest phoning TomTom and ask them when an update will be ready.

Hope that helps

Cheers

3. Vegbrain

Vegbrain iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't get Bad Elf to work with any of my map apps since I upgraded to iOS6, including TomTom. I've emailed Bad Elf, I hope they can quickly work on this problem. This applies to my iPad only, Bad Elf still works fine on my iOS6 iPhone.

4. HansEngelhardt

HansEngelhardt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, done it again, pushed the wrong button and lost what’ve typed. Again, thanks Col.Bris, have spoken and also emailed tomtom and I guess I will get an answer eventually. Foe Vegbrain, my BadElf is fully functional, got the Ver. 2.0212 App. installed and I get 7 out of 12 satellites in my office. The only other thing that I can think of is to reinstall iOS 5.1 via the Itunes Store does anyone know if this is possible?