What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding POI OV2 file to TomTom v1.10 iPad app not working

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I've installed the TomTom v1.10 Western Europe app for iPad on my New iPad (i.e. iPad 3) running iOS 5.1. I'm trying to add new POI types, and I've downloaded the .OV2 and .BMP files from various GPS sites. *As per instructions I've read on the forums I renamed the .BMPs to .PNGs. The forum guidances have been to copy the POI files into the app map folders (i.e. the folders that contain the cline.dat file). I've tried two methods to do this and both have failed...
(1) use DiskAid to copy the files directly into the iPad TomTom map folder. *No luck... after copying them across, when I start TomTom and look for the POI type... None of the new ones I copied are listed.
(2) copy the POI files into the map folder of the TomTom app payload on my PC accessed via iTunes by maiking the .ipa file into a zip then opening with file explorer and copying the POI files in. Then delete the TomTom app off the iPad and reinstall it from the PC by pressing the iTunes "sync" button. *No luck... The iPad indicates that the installation failed. *It was only after I deleted out the POI files out of the .ipa that the installation was successful.

NB in both the above two methods I tried several times with differing POI files, and various different goes following reboots of iPad and PC.

Soooo... I'm now a bit stuck... and would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

OP
J

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SORTED... I was doing everything right except there was a mistake in the instructions I was following... the .bmp files should be left as .bmp files. I.e. not renamed to .png.

Now ideally what TomTom should do is to make the app so that you can drop the POI files into the App data part of iTunes then life would be so much better.

Most reactions

Latest posts