What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toggle a setting with a single button or gesture ?

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My eyes are sensitive and I prefer to read white text on dark background, like the old terminal days. Most apps and web sites are black text on white background, so I use the option iPad Settings > General > Accessibility > white text on black, which really just inverts the color of the entire screen. This is great for ui and text, but obviously just horrible for graphics and videos. I'd like to be able to quickly toggle this on and off on the fly. I want to map it to a button, like double click of home button, or a gesture, like touch top left and bottom right at same time.

I jail broke my iPad, but so far have only used it for backgrounder. Is what I want possible?

Thanks, this would be hugely useful for me.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you can adjust the brightness pretty easy with SB Settings if you are jailbroken but that's about it.

There is a program called activator that allows you to assign an action to a million different things, like long pressing the home button, etc...but one of the actions is not adjusting the brightness.

Now there is a "get more actions from cydia" but I haven't tried that...you could download the program activator and then "get more actions" and see if they have those actions.

OP
B

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh it turnes out there's a built in way to do this. It's under settings / accessibility / triple click home.

I am impressed that Steve jobs for the sake of handicapped people allowed a feature that messes up his beautiful ui. Not only that it's built in and easy to use. Wow.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha I didn't even think to look in the stock settings....

Most reactions