What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To JB or not to JB? That is the question....

mlhoenig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Papillion, Nebraska; transplanted from Arlington,
OK so that's not exactly a "Howdy, folks!" title....

And I'm already reading some of the yes/no JB threads, but it's still a bit confusing due to the different iOS revs I'm dealing with here: JB iPhone 3G @ iOS 4.x -- JB iPhone 2G @ iOS 3.x -- iPad @ iOS 3.2.2 *

About me: 55; married; two teens at home; been high-tech since '62 or thereabouts (I started young) so unafraid of hardware or (most) software...

I'm leaning toward JB but concerned about upgrading from 3.2.2 to iOS 4.x

I like having Cydia, etc. on my iPhones and am craving the free & non-approved apps available on the 'Pad; but I'm still not clear on which iPads can/can't be JB.

Here's the specs:

WiFi + 3G
64G
iOS 3.2.2 (7B500)
Model: MC497LL
Modem FW: 06.15.00

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know nothing about jail breaking an ipad

But if you need a lot of information about that subject this is the place to be--as you have already discovered.

Maybe another forum member can give you specific insight on jail breaking. From what I have read, you can jailbreak any model iPad.

Welcome to the forum.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As MattIm says the iPad today it self have no limits towards jailbreaking, the existing highest firmware version that are breakable Is 3.2.2 for the iPad.

Jailbreak or not is just a personal matter, i myself have had My iphones and ipads jailbroken since day one and could today not be without It.

Many people think jailbreaking is all about free apps etc, but i think the main part of the jailbreakers do It on other reasons ex adding features not possible in original state or adding apps denied by Apple for good reasons and for bad reasons.

So overall Its all upp to the user to decide to jailbreak or not, but once you have tried it and found something usefull that u not are able to have unjailbreaked its hard to go back.

Most reactions

Latest posts