What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Way to Downgrade iPhone 4 (4.0.2 to 4.0.1) Without SHSHs Blops on iPad

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Hello Friends!

Everyday I search and Search about how to Downgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1, and it seems that iPhone 4 users have discovered a way to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 without SHSHs Blops, just by cracking the Firmware file.

IS NOT CONFIRMED FOR IPAD YET. BUT THIS COULD WORK ON IPADS WITH 3.2.2

Check this:

Extratect from: Downgrade IOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 WITHOUT SHSH Blobs - GSM-Forum

Yes, you read it write! Now you can downgrade the annoying new iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 or iOS 4, without having your SHSH blobs saved. YES! without SHSH blobs. The tip was sent to us by one of my blog readers who wishes to remain anonymous in my weblog, I tried the method on iPhone 3GS and it worked without having your SHSH. Here's how..

Step 1: Download the iOS 4.0.1

iPhone4

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3G

, download iTunes from here.

Step 2: Extract it with Winrar or Winzip to a folder on the desktop. You may need to rename the firmware file from .ipsw to .zip to be able to extract.

Step 3: Open buildmanifest.plist file from the extracted files using Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) Search and replace all – 8A306 with 8A400. Do the same with restore.plist file and save both of them. For iPad this could be from 7B405 (3.2.1) to 7B500 (3.2.2) Tricking iTunes into thinking that 3.2.1 firmware is the newest 3.2.2

Step 4: Now download iOS 4.0.2 and extract it using Winrar or Winzip.

iPhone4

iPhone3gs

iPhone3g

iPad 3G and iPad WiFi 3.2.2

iPod touch 3G 4.0.2

Step 5: Drag all files extracted files from iOS 4.0.1 and replace them with all files of iOS 4.0.2.

Step 6: Delete all ".dmg" files that end with 002 leaving files that end with 001. Then zip the new customized firmware and change it to ".ipsw" file, for example "downgrade.ipsw".

Step 7: This step is optional, it helps you to ensure you get an SHSH file request for the future, but should not be necessary to just restore 4.0.1

* Locate "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" for Windows and "/etc/" directory for Mac, then locate “hosts” file and Open it in Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) then add this line at the bottom of the file and save it.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

HostsFile.jpg

Step 8: Connect your iPhone to your PC / Mac and launch iTunes (downloaded above)
Step 9: Now, put your iPhone in DFU mode by following this steps,

* Connect your iPhone to your computer.
* Turn iPhone off.
* Start iTunes.
* Hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds or so.
* Release Power button but keep holding the Home button until your computer recognizes a new USB device.
* iTunes will now recognize your iPhone .

Step 10: Almost done, you will have to restore your iPhone to the firmware you have customized and saved in the above steps by Clicking on iPhone icon that appears in the left of iTunes then hold left “alt” button or “Shift” button on Windows from the keyboard and click on “Restore” then release the alt button. You will be promoted by a window to select the firmware, select your firmware file "downgrade.ipsw" you have made in the previous steps.

20047-500.png

Step 11: After series of processes, iTunes will restore your device to the required firmware.

Now, You will be finally able to jailbreak and unlock your device .

Note: While downgrading from iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0, users may face error 1015 in iTunes, use Error 1015 Fixer download here
to bypass from this error.

Error1015Fixer.png

Note: Here's the modified .ipsw file that you should restore to for iPhone 3GS users It is a 4.0.2 firmware bundle, with the 4.0.1 files inside (as instructed) After restoring you will be at 4.0.1. it can be downloaded from here

Note: If you got stuck in recovery mode, just use Recboot 1.1

Last edited:

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but

Yes but now we need to know what to edit for the ipad.... anyone?

Hello Friends!

Everyday I search and Search about how to Downgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1, and it seems that iPhone 4 users have discovered a way to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 without SHSHs Blops, just by cracking the Firmware file.

Check this:

Extratect from: Downgrade IOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 WITHOUT SHSH Blobs - GSM-Forum

Yes, you read it write! Now you can downgrade the annoying new iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 or iOS 4, without having your SHSH blobs saved. YES! without SHSH blobs. The tip was sent to us by one of my blog readers who wishes to remain anonymous in my weblog, I tried the method on iPhone 3GS and it worked without having your SHSH. Here's how..

Step 1: Download the iOS 4.0.1

iPhone4

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3G

, download iTunes from here.

Step 2: Extract it with Winrar or Winzip to a folder on the desktop. You may need to rename the firmware file from .ipsw to .zip to be able to extract.

Step 3: Open buildmanifest.plist file from the extracted files using Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) Search and replace all – 8A306 with 8A400. Do the same with restore.plist file and save both of them.

Step 4: Now download iOS 4.0.2 and extract it using Winrar or Winzip.

iPhone4

iPhone3gs

iPhone3g

iPad 3G and iPad WiFi 3.2.2

iPod touch 3G 4.0.2

Step 5: Drag all files extracted files from iOS 4.0.1 and replace them with all files of iOS 4.0.2.

Step 6: Delete all ".dmg" files that end with 002 leaving files that end with 001. Then zip the new customized firmware and change it to ".ipsw" file, for example "downgrade.ipsw".

Step 7: This step is optional, it helps you to ensure you get an SHSH file request for the future, but should not be necessary to just restore 4.0.1

* Locate "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" for Windows and "/etc/" directory for Mac, then locate “hosts†file and Open it in Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) then add this line at the bottom of the file and save it.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

HostsFile.jpg

Step 8: Connect your iPhone to your PC / Mac and launch iTunes (downloaded above)
Step 9: Now, put your iPhone in DFU mode by following this steps,

* Connect your iPhone to your computer.
* Turn iPhone off.
* Start iTunes.
* Hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds or so.
* Release Power button but keep holding the Home button until your computer recognizes a new USB device.
* iTunes will now recognize your iPhone .

Step 10: Almost done, you will have to restore your iPhone to the firmware you have customized and saved in the above steps by Clicking on iPhone icon that appears in the left of iTunes then hold left “alt†button or “Shift†button on Windows from the keyboard and click on “Restore†then release the alt button. You will be promoted by a window to select the firmware, select your firmware file "downgrade.ipsw" you have made in the previous steps.

20047-500.png

Step 11: After series of processes, iTunes will restore your device to the required firmware.

Now, You will be finally able to jailbreak and unlock your device .

Note: While downgrading from iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0, users may face error 1015 in iTunes, use Error 1015 Fixer download here
to bypass from this error.

Error1015Fixer.png

Note: Here's the modified .ipsw file that you should restore to for iPhone 3GS users It is a 4.0.2 firmware bundle, with the 4.0.1 files inside (as instructed) After restoring you will be at 4.0.1. it can be downloaded from here

Note: If you got stuck in recovery mode, just use Recboot 1.1

stevmor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8A306 or 8A400 is firmware build number for iOS 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 respectively. so for iPad, you should look for 7B405 and replace it with 7B500.

Please note, that I have no way to confirm this myself right now

Last edited:
OP
F

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
8A306 or 8A400 is firmware build number for iOS 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 respectively. so for iPad, you should look for 7B405 and replace it with 7B500.

Please note, that I have no way to confirm this myself right now
Thanks!

I was going to write the same : "7B405 and replace it with 7B500"

I'm downloading the 3.2.2 and 3.2.1 firmware right now. I will test it. Once confirmed I will post here!

metroix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
where can i download 3.2.1? all i found is 3.2 :/

EDIT:
found it =)

Last edited:

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tested

I tested with replacing said numbers and followed instruction got error 3194, anyone else with results?

metroix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tested with replacing said numbers and followed instruction got error 3194, anyone else with results?

so this process does not works for you?

btw
i reemplace all 3.2.1 fiolder with the 3.2.2 files or i move all the 3.2.1 to the 3.2.2 folder?

Last edited:

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also dont get any files with 02 on the end but i just del the origianl dmg's

atharav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fuck :| tried it more than 100 times but still that same fuckin error:confused::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: .. 3194 Error :| i really frustrated now :|:mad::mad::mad:

atharav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fuck :| tried it more than 100 times but still that same fuckin error:confused::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: .. 3194 Error :| i am really frustrated now :|:mad::mad::mad:

MrSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is FAKE. I seen this on another site a few days ago. If you look at the files in the 3.2.1 firmware, and the files in the 3.2.2 firmware, then you will notice by dragging every file from 3.2.1 you overwrite every single fine in 3.2.2 so why even download 3.2.2? Basically all you are doing in modifying the 2 plist files to say 7B500 instead of 7B405. Which doesn't do anything! Again this is a FAKE.

Most reactions

Latest posts