What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if this is mentioned before as I haven't read every page ( was loads) but I discovered a few things beings newbie I didn't realise to it happened.

You can pinch the screen and it will close the app your one.
and you can slide the screen by using your fingers whilst on an open app and it will take you to another app that you have in your task bar.

Was quite impressed lol

(This message was brought to you from my lovely new ipad)

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just put your finger on the "123" key and quickly slide to the number/symbol that you want, then lift your finger. As long as you don't lift your finger until you are on the key you want it works easily.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a stylus because I then don't have to lift my wrist up from support with every key stroke.
Thus many less muscles used.
You are a young person, do let me warn you that in the years to come you may regret using your whole arm/wrist.

Stylus is more accurate than my fingers where text is small.

My intent was not to push stylus/no stylus, just an alternate ell cheapo!

Also when u have long fingernails its more accurate. I use one whenever I can

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just put your finger on the "123" key and quickly slide to the number/symbol that you want, then lift your finger. As long as you don't lift your finger until you are on the key you want it works easily.

Am going to try this now359. So u dont have to tap them, just slide to it310. It works and the letters are still there. Knewl! Txs for th tip

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
this doesnt work on my ipad!

Triple-click Home does various things, depending on your setting. To change what it does (and turn it on) go to Settings > General > Accessibility. The Triple-click Home option is the bottom of the list. If you select more than one option you will get a choice of which one to activate/deactivate when you do the triple click.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Triple-click Home does various things, depending on your setting. To change what it does (and turn it on) go to Settings > General > Accessibility. The Triple-click Home option is the bottom of the list. If you select more than one option you will get a choice of which one to activate/deactivate when you do the triple click.

Skitch:

image-3195993055.jpg

image-1576702295.jpg

image-144823559.jpg

image-3363757472.jpg

nathan_nathaniel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ambient Lighting

Most of us know that our iPads can do duty as an emergency light, but I only discovered recently that my open iPad (with the screen set to stay on) adds a beautiful, subtle, romantic lighting to the bedroom. Just set your iPad down in the corner of the room with the screen facing up. You can vary the tint and intensity of the light by changing what app or screen is on the iPad desktop.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most of us know that our iPads can do duty as an emergency light, but I only discovered recently that my open iPad (with the screen set to stay on) adds a beautiful, subtle, romantic lighting to the bedroom. Just set your iPad down in the corner of the room with the screen facing up. You can vary the tint and intensity of the light by changing what app or screen is on the iPad desktop.

There are two or three apps that will mimic/play a fireplace.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Please make sure your camera app isn't the one on :(

Most reactions

Latest posts