What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"This item is currently beeing modified"

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello people!

I have this weird problem that whenever i gift an app to my girlfriend (she has an iphone), i'm unable to downloadnit myself afterwards! It first startet when i gifted her the everyday app, and a week later i thought i wan't that too! When i wen't into AppStore and searched for everyday, the little square where the price is wich you puch to buy and install only says "install" right away! I have never bought it for myself, but i'm unable to pay. When i push install the usual thing happens (exiting appstore, scrolling to a screen with room, the app icon pops up with a progress bar). Then after something like a second i get the message something like this "this item is only available at discount price for previous owners of the app. If you want to download it at full price, click buy". So i click buy, only to get a second message saying "This item is currently beeing modified. Please try again later." and the app icon disappears from my home-screen.

I have now tried to download everyday for a couple of weeks and i allways get the same thing! Then, yesterday i gifted my girlfriend bejeweled 2 + blitz, and today i decided i wanted if myself, but the same thing happened with this app! It seems whenever i gift something i cant getbitnmyself later on!

Have anyone else had this problem and / or know what to do? Please respond!

Thanks!

dannybarley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to help but to be honest I could really do without spending 59p on an app I will never use. I searched it on the app store to find that I looks slightly tackier than the built in calendar for iPad. Presuming you have an iPad this app will do that silly thing where you have to press (2X) and it goes all pixelated. Well I hope someone can help you better than I did! ;-)

OP
H

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What? Why would you have to use money to help me? :p i just need someone to explain to me what to do! I haven't found anyone with the same problem while searching either...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
He probably means, like me, he doesn't want to spend money trying to duplicate the problem. Since I've never encountered it before that is what I would have to do, since I've never even heard of this problem before.

Anyway, have you confirmed with your girlfriend that she actually downloaded the gifted app? Maybe it is stuck in some kind of electronic limbo until the transaction is complete.

OP
H

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah i see :) Ys, she has downloaded it, so no lingering, even though i love the idea of an electronic limbo! When she gifted me the app back i was able to get it, but the other app still won't download... So still no fix for that or later instances ^^ this is a weird one...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried downloading it in iTunes on the computer? Even if you don't want to use iTunes to sync the app, a successful download from any source might fix it.

OP
H

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Have you tried downloading it in iTunes on the computer? Even if you don't want to use iTunes to sync the app, a successful download from any source might fix it.

No, i haven't thought of this option! Clever! Will try it, thanks! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I gifted an app last night, then dowloaded it for myself minutes later, so it doesn't apperar to be a consitent problem. If the iTunes download doesn't work for you go ahead and shoot Apple Tech support an email. They can probably reset it, or something like.

OP
H

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seemed to work to download in iTunes instead, even though i haven't tested it, at least i saw that the buy-button in iTunes like normal :) So thanks for all help and all replies people! :)

Most reactions