What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theweek.pox

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin, that sounds like a pretty scary approach. Like chopping off your arm because it has a cut! I'd hate to brick the pad in the process. Have to think about it.

It sounds worth trying, if other options that have been mentioned do not work. Resetting All Settings resets all your preferences and settings (that with a little effort can be reconstructed) but still retains all your contacts and calendar info and all your media such as songs and videos. Certainly not as drastic as the "final" step of erasing all contents and settings to bring your iPad back into a "factory fresh" status.
Tegards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Super Gabriel, Thanks for the input, maybe I'm gun shy because i bricked my iphone 4 on an ios software update a couple years ago and needed apple to bail me out. If I do a total reset and restore I'd think the 'virus' would tag along with the restored software. I'm hoping:1. The Week solves the problem or someone here has the same problem (27 one star reviews for the Week since the update because it doesn't load) and will have found a solution. I'll keep this approach in mind however if nothing else solves it.

I am using the cloud for backup on this rather than itunes which I do use for my phone.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see that you have tried this one.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.
It's a bit of a blunt instrument, but when all else has failed...

Kevin, I should not have been so trepidatious! After the Week replied with a suggested 'fix' to my problem (basically remove program and reboot) which didn't work, I decided to do your suggestion. Seems to have worked great and with Gmail and my Apps all on the cloud I was able to restore to original condition quickly (without the pox). Very grateful for your suggestion and I advise all to NOT download The Week until they have a revision. 27 others have indicated issues on the ipad version so it is not just me!

Most reactions

Latest posts