What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale SPAM Virus?

jchunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discovered an email in my iPad Drafts folder in the Mail app that was advertising the Dragonvale app. Of course I immediately deleted it and uninstalled the application but am concerned that this has already been sent out to others in my Contacts list. This is reminiscent of a nasty PC virus that has been plaguing PS users for years.

Have viruses finally begun to infest Apple products? If so, this will be a serious problem for mobile users...

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jchunter said:
I discovered an email in my iPad Drafts folder in the Mail app that was advertising the Dragonvale app. Of course I immediately deleted it and uninstalled the application but am concerned that this has already been sent out to others in my Contacts list. This is reminiscent of a nasty PC virus that has been plaguing PS users for years.

Have viruses finally begun to infest Apple products? If so, this will be a serious problem for mobile users...

No,
viruses cannot infect the iPad if it is stock standard, each app is a closed container, one of the benefits of the iPad operating system (iOS)

OP
jchunter

jchunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No,
viruses cannot infect the iPad if it is stock standard, each app is a closed container, one of the benefits of the iPad operating system (iOS)
My experience suggests that someone may have discovered a leak in the closed container...

Most reactions

Latest posts