What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Useless Information" Thread

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had ZWAQ on a triple word score once. Unfortunately it was challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
The highest scoring word in Scrabble is said to be "oxyphenbutazone" (a drug used to treat arthritis)
EDIT: forgot to add, you get 1178 for that

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 1920 for the first time in recorded history, the average life expectancy of human beings exceeded that of goldfish. Before that year, a newborn infant could expect to live 48.4 years. For many species of wild goldfish, the projected life span was over 50.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Can you stand some more numbers? If you could fold a piece of paper 51 times, its thickness would exceed the distance from here to the sun.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roy Rob said:
I can't disprove your reasoning but in order to fold a piece of paper 51 times the area of the paper to start with would have be larger than the surface of our planet.

Hmm, I'm out on a limb here but I seem to recall that it's impossible to fold a piece of paper in half, then in half again, etc, etc.....more than nine times.

Go on, try it, you know that you want to!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hmm, I'm out on a limb here but I seem to recall that it's impossible to fold a piece of paper in half, then in half again, etc, etc.....more than nine times.

Go on, try it, you know that you want to!

The Archangel

Oh my, I thought I was at the end of the thread when I posted that only to realise it had been discussed to death!

I'm off to hang my head in shame!

The Archangel

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Into the alligator filled moat with you! ;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1 said:
Hmm, I was only planning on standing in the naughty corner!

The Archangel

I think your punishment should be limited to entertaining us with a bit of useless information.

Here's a bit of geographical trivia. The only bit of Africa that is now owned by a European country is the peninsula of Ceuta, which borders Morocco. Ceuta is politically a part of Spain.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I think your punishment should be limited to entertaining us with a bit of useless information.

I'll take that....does this count.....

I once lived in a 14th century house that has at various points in it's history been used as a bakery, a recording studio (the only band that I know for sure that used it is the Rolling Stones) and an adult movie studio!!

The Archangel

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the marriage ceremony of the Ancient Inca Indians of Peru, the couple was considered officially wed when they took off their sandals and handed them to each other.

I wonder if they can divorce by giving them back?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the marriage ceremony of the Ancient Inca Indians of Peru, the couple was considered officially wed when they took off their sandals and handed them to each other.

I wonder if they can divorce by giving them back?

Probably not. I'm guessing a divorce involved giving them the boot instead.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The heart rate of a blue-throated hummingbird was measured at 1,260 beats per minute while it was hovering.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts