What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Useless Information" Thread

Reaction score
KevinJS said:
What's that behind it? A Stone Age case fan, or are you teaching it how to fly?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It's my chip cooling system fan whenever I play games for a long time

Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I loved the display on those things, I kinda miss pixelated displays now.

Yep, I am simple as well, am using a C2N datasette for loading games since my 1541 crapped out on me

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sea salt is becoming more popular, at least here in the US. There is little or no health benefit in replacing table salt with sea salt as the primary content of both is sodium chloride.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sea salt is becoming more popular, at least here in the US. There is little or no health benefit in replacing table salt with sea salt as the primary content of both is sodium chloride.
and both are pretty bad for you.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ardchoille said:

Does sea salt have iodine?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bank robbers are required by law to declare their loot for income tax purposes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On a little road out of Coos Bay, OR, there are signs that say "Illegal Dumping Prohibited".

Despite that double down, you still occasionally see an old mattress or appliance abandoned beside the road.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you stand some more numbers? If you could fold a piece of paper 51 times, its thickness would exceed the distance from here to the sun.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you stand some more numbers? If you could fold a piece of paper 51 times, its thickness would exceed the distance from here to the sun.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. My reasoning is that, in order to accomplish this, one would have to add mass to the paper and folding paper doesn't add mass. if anything folding paper decreases its viewable surface area. Can anyone disprove my reasoning?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I'm going to have to disagree with this one. My reasoning is that, in order to accomplish this, one would have to add mass to the paper and folding paper doesn't add mass. if anything folding paper decreases its viewable surface area. Can anyone disprove my reasoning?

I can't disprove your reasoning but in order to fold a piece of paper 51 times the area of the paper to start with would have be larger than the surface of our planet.

Most reactions