What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily is Closing on December 15

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
The_Daily.JPG

Well we already knew that it was on its last legs, but now, AppleInsider reports, News Corporation has officially announced that its iPad magazine, The Daily, which was launched with much fanfare under two years ago, is to close on December 15. The move comes as part of wider restructuring from News Corp.

“From its launch, The Daily was a bold experiment in digital publishing and an amazing vehicle for innovation," said News Corp CEO Rupert Murdoch in a statement today. "Unfortunately, our experience was that we could not find a large enough audience quickly enough to convince us the business model was sustainable in the long-term.â€

"Therefore we will take the very best of what we have learned at The Daily and apply it to all our properties. Under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Col Allan and the business and digital leadership of Jesse, I know The New York Post will continue to grow and become stronger on the web, on mobile, and not least, the paper itself. I want to thank all of the journalists, digital and business professionals for the hard work they put into The Daily."

Apple Insider says that assets belonging to The Daily will be amalgamated into The Post, which is where some employees will also be relocated to. It is thought that around 120 employees will be affected by the closure.

Where do you think The Daily went wrong? Was it content, or pricing, or something else entirely?

Source: News Corp's iPad newspaper 'The Daily' shutting down Dec. 15

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want my money back! And after all the problems with this app, I'm glad its closing. Most of my issues with the Daily are of a personal nature.

Most reactions

Latest posts