What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You Apple

Davidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for once again deciding what I want for my iPad. I updated to version 6.0 and you very nicely decided that I would no longer want to use You Tube so it's been removed. I haven't explored everything I have (had?) on my iPad to see whether there's anything else that you have decided I no longer need. Maybe I won't bother, it's just time to retire the iPad and go with a more user friendly manufacturer. I'm sure you won't miss me, but you can be sure that I won't miss you either.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the "for what it's worth" department, Google has released a YouTube app in the App Store. Plus, there a tales that another app, Jasmine, is working quite well, also. Both of these apps are free to the user.

Granted, you'll have to download them, but reviews are saying these apps are better than the old stock Apple app.

Just so's you have all the information available before you jump ship...

Marilyn

Terr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same as Google Maps... Apple is removing everything Google from its products that it can remove. Either because their contract with Google ended (I wonder), or because they decided Google is "da enemy".

dadnmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davidy said:
Thanks so much for once again deciding what I want for my iPad. I updated to version 6.0 and you very nicely decided that I would no longer want to use You Tube so it's been removed. I haven't explored everything I have (had?) on my iPad to see whether there's anything else that you have decided I no longer need. Maybe I won't bother, it's just time to retire the iPad and go with a more user friendly manufacturer. I'm sure you won't miss me, but you can be sure that I won't miss you either.

So well put...& I totally feel ya. Good luck m8.

dadnmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terr said:
Same as Google Maps... Apple is removing everything Google from its products that it can remove. Either because their contract with Google ended (I wonder), or because they decided Google is "da enemy".

I still have my google search app on iPad 1 so I assume they're not removing everything google, but with apple being apple...who knows eh...good luck.

Drewvt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The old Youtube app could not even do things like Search Filters, that is how limited it was. Really frustrating. I had to browse to the desktop youtube, do a proper advanced search there, and then copy the title of a video to the basic search bar of the app.

I do not know how advanced Google's app is, but it can't be worse.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Or because Google decided it didn't want to support iOS with voice-based turn-by-turn directions like it does on Android. Maybe Google decided Apple is "da enemy".

Most reactions

Latest posts